Friday, May 8, 2009

FINISHED!

A glorious thing came to occur last night as I watched Grey's Anatomy, I finished my manuscript. Yes, it's happened... again, but it's happened nontheless. I decided as I lay on my bed that I'd finish it there and then and take it over to my friend Margit's the next day because she was critiquing it.

So, there I went, writing away as Izzie went crazy and Derek continued to exist... and Lexie broke the manwhore's little friend on the fornication break. I was on the last chapter, which I must admit was possibly the most saddest part in the story. I wanted to build the tension and sympathy for the characters, and I think that was achieved when I wrote along to Eric Stoltz's execution.

After handwriting the final page, I ran out to the computer... to which Mum had turned off. So I waited for it to start up, I plug my memory stick in and went away, typing. Telling the story and bringing this part of it to an end. 306 pages I got, which is like a hundred pages better than the last draft which I try not to think about as a positive.

It was incredible, and I'm going to say that Shonda Rhimes- Grey's creater, had a lot to do with it, so thanks brilliant Yankee woman whom I've never met. Now all that has to happen is for Margit to finish reading it and then I'm sending it off to Svnof and Chappi-Clementina.

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

No comments: