Saturday, March 27, 2010

Precious Little Dracula

I finished reading Dracula yesterday. That's right, I finished it at this new place I won't be working at for very long because I hate long distances and my job in genral. How I wish I was breaking rocks at a bookshop closer to home. Something I'm sure I'd love a lot more than moving around a warehouse putting little boxes away.

Anyway, I finished the book and I'm very happy to say that I could see a lot that was happening within it. That's a good thing. I saw the scenery and characters and the story was a lot more easy to follow than it was the last time I tried to read it. Having all of those different points of view worked out well also because you can hear about everything that's happening first hand.

One part I was able to see in exact detail was the night Lucy Westenra died. It was night, storming, wind, and there was Lucy with her mother about to die. A lot of action was taking place and I really saw the part where the window was thrown open and Lucy went all "Yep, I've had a good run." All was well, very happy, hope the new movie will be bitchin.

In the meantime I'm about 3/4 of the way through Push by Sapphire. I'm liking it a lot, although I'm not one for enjoying childhood brutality. Reading it is a little difficult also because it's told from the perspective of Claireece Jones who is illiterate and can't spell, but it works well. Hope Sapphire writes another novel one day.

Also I got my appraisal back from the writer's centre and it was very helpful. Hoping that will appeal to the publishers...

No comments: