Monday, March 2, 2009

Well then...

Today was rather good, and the days preceeding it. I went swimming, wrote a bit of a chapter, and tonight I get to watch Underbelly and Dexter. Not to mention that my theories about Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica are beginning to come true, but I was shocked when Boomer kidnapped Hera. That bitch! I foresee a vengeful Starbuck, Sharon and Caprica going after her and Cavil. Here's hoping.

Anyway, what else have I got on my mind. I'm really enjoying re-writing Escape of the Alchemist. Those two years learning the craft of writing a novel are really paying off, and I'm happy to put those shocking memories of writing the first draft to rest. I am liking the elements of normalcy that I'm adding, especially with Wes, Hawk and Laura at the Cottonmouth. The character of "The Teacher" is really paying off too.

Other writing endeavors include the piece I want to submit to Avant this year. I had a first draft written, but I don't really like it anymore, so naturally I'm going to resort to incorporating a storyline from a classic childrens tale... just try and guess which one. Here's a hint, it was incorporated into the first of the Matrix Trilogy and the series Lost.

I think a second draft would pay off because the last two stories that I got published were more focused around male characters, and I think writing from a female perspective would pay off greatly. Another reason for this change would have to do with actress Asher Keddie. I like seeing her on Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities. She's good as Liz Cruickshank, and I want to see who she's playing in the new Wolverine movie. Better not be a background character!

One shocking thing that I'd like to point out is that I'm actually considering reading the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I know, I must be crazy. It's insane. But I want to see how she tackles the first person narrative, and see if her villains are any good. You know what they say, if the protagonists are crap, the baddies must be good, and I say this with confidence because I'm told that Bella Swan is a dumbarse.

So, that's all I've got to say at the moment. Oh, but I'd like to tell my good friend Janet that I was shocked to learn that you think Lost is awful. It's good watching, and I'm sure your offspring will agree. If you want to bag something American, have a go at Heroes. The writing is terrible! TERRIBLE!

No comments: