Monday, March 16, 2009

Stevie's Playing As I Write This

I've had a good couple of days recently. My sister Cactus Pete finally got me the Stevie Nicks greatest hits CD, so the house has been filled with the sounds of heaven. Don't anyone judge me! Not only that, my draft of Escape of the Alchemist is coming along really well. I'm currently up to about 147 pages, which I'm really proud of. The really first, terrible draft was only 130, so you can understand my happiness.

One part of the draft that I'm really big on so far is the bounty hunters encounter with the Joshua family. The hunters and the Joshua's are really good friends, so there was a lot of good times I'm thinking. You've got the tough wise-arsed father Merrick, his pregnant wife Charmaine and their two girls, Renee and Vaughn. I was wondering how I was going to get this part down, so I just based some of them on my good cousins... so to the cousins, I say thanks.

Another bit of writing that I'm happy about is the short story I'm going to submit to Avant this year. It's the second draft of a story I wrote in January I think, and its **** loads better. Cactus Pete tells me so also. Anyway, I'm very happy with my writing at the moment. Putting together that chapter by chapter summary of EOTA is really paying off. I'm hoping to reach the 250 page mark or higher.

That is all... oh, and fingers crossed that Katee Sackhoff gets the Doctor Who gig in season 5.

No comments: